I need some JSON for a webhook. Specifically I need to convert table data into JSON so I can send multiple line items to a service (each line item would be a table row).
I assume this might be possible using the format() function but wondering if anyone has any examples or clever ways of doing it? (Like a pack - I couldn’t see one!)
This is the most compact way to represent a Coda table as a JSON object:
The formula is…

How it works…
- we use Format() to provide the JSON structure & insert the names & values
- for each column we provide the column name, and a list of its values
- so in this example we do that for the Name, Email, Amount, and Notes columns
- then we use SubstituteAll() to place double quotes around all the commas
We can test this JSON by using ParseJson() with c column name & a row+1
This proves the JSON is formatted correctly.
Max
That is awesome! I’ve sent an access request for the doc to take a closer look but this is very helpful indeed. The one I need to generate has quite a lot of hierarchy - but it sounds like it will be achievable using this method. Cheers!