Hi! I have tons of data identified by unique date. I’d like to summarize it by week number so make it easier to read.
So that instead of this:
I’d like:
Week 1 (Sum of dates 1->7)
Week 2 (Sum of dates 8->14)
etc.
I have tried so many things, but they don’t work quite right.
My data is here: COVID-19 in Scandinavia
Hi @Jacob_Botter
and welcome to Coda Community!
You have 3 options, depending on how you need to use data.
- If its only for chart purposes, you add a Week column (with the formula
Date.WeekNumber()) and then you plot the chart based on week and with aggregated values
- If you need it on a single table (i.e. for each date row, you need the value of that week too), it’s a bit redundant, but on top of the
Week column, you add aggregated data by country - e.g. Denmark Weekly - with thisTable.Filter(Week=thisRow.Week).Denmark.Sum()
- You create a new weekly data table that - with an automation - adds or recomputed the aggregated value for that week.
I hope this helps: let me know otherwise.
Cheers!